A global approach to local customer experiences drives business growth
Gartner research conducted in 2011* gathered the following statistics:
- 86% of consumers said they would pay more for a better customer experience
- 58% of consumers said they would recommend companies that deliver customer experiences that are superior to others
- The percentage of consumers who give a brand only one week to respond to a question before they stop doing business was 50%
Delivering superior, locally relevant experiences helps you to acquire and retain customers and drive growth outside of your home market. However, in order to do this, you need to understand customers as individuals and take their language and cultural preferences into account.
You can achieve this through global customer experience management (CXM) by implementing a framework that provides the flexibility to adapt your brand to meet local expectations across multiple devices and channels of communication.
More customers are sharing their experiences
835 million people worldwide now have smartphones. This means your customers can share their experiences with your company with millions of others more easily than ever using social media. Gartner predicts that "by 2015, 75% of consumers will tell their friends about their good and bad experiences using social media, up from 25% in 2010."*
All of this social data can be used and analyzed to provide you with strategic business insights. To improve business performance in this multi-channel, mobile, socially connected world, it is vital to understand and improve your customers’ experiences by listening to what they say and then acting on this information.
Forrester research on the global customer experience
SDL commissioned Forrester Consulting to examine the global customer experience (CX) challenges that multinational companies face and the tools and practices they use to overcome them.
This white paper outlines the 6 core disciplines that multinational firms must master to deliver relevant experiences in local markets and drive global growth. You’ll learn how to use these disciplines to lay the foundation for experience-based differentiation on a global scale.
Manage the global customer experience with SDL
As a leader in global CXM, SDL's Global Information Management solutions help multinational businesses:
- Listen to, understand and predict customer behavior
- Target customers with relevant content and campaigns at the relevant time
- Give them the information they need in the language and media of their choice
How SDL's solutions help you drive the global customer experience
SDL’s enterprise-ready innovative technology and service solutions span the entire customer journey and include social listening and marketing analytics, campaign management, language management and services, video and written content creation, web content management, dynamic technical documentation publication and eCommerce.
Achieve your top business priorities with SDL
SDL's solutions enable CEOs and CMOs of global businesses to achieve their top priorities:
- Drive growth by ensuring products are relevant to all customers globally
- Acquire and retain customers by understanding and engaging them with personalized marketing communications across multiple channels
- Manage brands effectively to raise brand awareness and drive brand equity
- Measure and increase marketing ROI
Follow the links below to find out more.
*Gartner, Inc., Agenda for Customer Strategy and Experience Management, Scott D. Nelson, 1 March, 2012.