Life at SDL
As the world leader in creating compelling, profitable global customer experiences. We expect high performance and strive for excellence (and you can expect that from the rest of your team). We give you freedom to do your work and the responsibility that comes with it.
SDL leverages the strengths of the past and paints a compelling direction for the future – one of creativity, innovation, vision and strategic partnership with our customers and partners. And despite having 70 local offices across 38 countries, we still manage to keep a small company feel.
Why work for SDL?
We know you could work anywhere, but here is why we think you should work for us:
- We are a stable company - celebrating 20 years of innovation (1992-2012)
- SDL has grown rapidly since its inception and continues to see revenue growth beyond the industry average ($128.2 million in 2005 to $400 million in 2012)
- Our team is growing and we now have over 2,700 employees in 70 offices across 38 countries
- Innovative thinking and hard work are rewarded
- Interesting problems are tackled daily - we think status quo is boring
- We’re transforming the way people communicate across languages and cultures
- Here at SDL, you’ll help to move the needle and change an industry
Our vision: global customer experience management
Managing customer experience is not just a one-off initiative. It’s about using customer insights to create meaningful experiences, regardless of how or where customers engage with you. It’s multilingual and multichannel. It’s for the entire customer journey. And it’s critical to your success. We have flexible solutions, strategy and experience to help you coordinate your customer experience efforts on a global scale.
The office environment
Working hard is important but we also enjoy activities with coworkers. Here are some of the activities SDL staff enjoy at our offices around the globe:
- At the office lounge in Amsterdam all employees can catch-up or play on the game console, play some table tennis or compete each other with table football
- In Waltham MA, the annual “Pi Day” festivities draw a crowd – join the team and see if you can break some of the records set here
- We have ping pong tournaments and free snacks and sodas in Los Angeles, CA
- At the office lounge in Kiev, employees can catch-up or play a game or two on the kicker (table football)