Service Releases are common practice within the software industry to ensure that updates can be applied to software as quickly as possible without waiting for a new release. SDL provides Service Releases from time to time to ensure users get the best performance from their investment.
Service Release 1 (SR1) for SDL Trados Studio 2017 and SDL MultiTerm 2017 is packed full of new features and enhancements and is now available to download for FREE from your SDL Account.
SR1 brings with it a host of new technology to deliver the next phase of upLIFT TM technology. Most notably:
- upLIFT will now work when you choose a TM that does not match the language pair of you project (AnyTM technology).
- Analysis reports now show how many fuzzy match words were fixed within each match band which could help to save costs.
- The ability to use either the repaired or the non-repaired fuzzy matches when working with Fuzzy Match Repair.
- Enjoy significantly more leverage from your TM as upLIFT Fragment Recall and upLIFT Fuzzy Repair are now available for Japanese and Chinese. Providing matches at a fragment level and automatic fixes to fuzzy matches, upLIFT maximizes your translation assets for considerable productivity gains.
- The Studio 2017 OCR reader now supports Asian languages, making it much easier to translate PDFs, even if they have been created from a scanned document. Once you have upgraded to SR1 download the free app to start using the OCR reader >
It is now possible to translate embedded content in MS Office files without the need to manually extract it from the source file. For example an embedded Excel table in a Word document will now automatically be included in the translation file – no time consuming manual extraction process needed.
Here are just some of the ways Studio 2017 SR1 makes work easier:
- Error handling is now easier with direct links to our knowledge base and community.
- PerfectMatch has been updated so it can now be used across different file types.
- Flags are used in the TM window to make it easier to see which language pair you are working in.
A host of usability enhancements have been introduced with MultiTerm 2017 SR1 including:
- A new review screen makes it easy to review changes before they have been applied.
- The default layout includes the ability to create cross-references, to copy/merge entries and to export and print a single entry.
- Common actions like 'Open Termbase' now appear in the ribbon so you can quickly get to your most used commands.
- Infinite scrolling enables you to see all entries when you browse a term list.