1. Information SDL collects when you use SDL Language Cloud.
- Personal information you provide: SDL plc will as data controller collect information required for creating an account to use the service and payment information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, credit card number etc.
- Anonymous Information: Anonymous information does not personally identify you. It may be voluntarily provided or automatically collected, including log information, browser and device information, information gathered by cookies, general statistical information, etc.
- Order content: SDL plc will process information submitted or generated as part of an order, such as source material, corresponding translations, or other similar information as data processor only. For any personal data contained in the source material, the customer will be the data controller.
2. How SDL plc may use the information
- To personalize your experience: Personalization may include delivering content targeted to your interests, such as targeted banners, new services and promotions.
- To process your transactions and orders.
- For contact and notification: This may include sending newsletters, marketing or other promotional materials.
- Auditing and conflict resolution: This may include contacting users in connection with inappropriate use of SDL products and services, non-compliance with any Terms and Conditions of use, or in connection with a complaint filed by another user.
- For developing, operating and improving SDL's products and services: This may include contacting users to participate in market research and/or the collection of certain anonymous statistics and data to improve the user experience.
3. How SDL plc may use the source material
- To provide the services ordered: SDL represents that during the machine translation process none of the source material will be needed, stored or used in SDL's translation engines, except for term dictionaries, which will be stored securely.
- SDL will take reasonable efforts to safeguard your information from unauthorized access.
- Source material will not be disclosed to third parties. Your term dictionaries are for your personal use only and are not shared with other users using SDL Language Cloud.
- SDL may provide access to your information if SDL plc believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to (1) comply with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, (2) detect or prevent fraud, and (3) address security or technical issues.