O Donnell 53
Take some time out of your working week and join us for an informative and entertaining day of information, reflection and ideas, along with some product training in the afternoon. Learn more about SDL and the solutions we offer and specifically how they address the challenges you face in your business.
An overview of the agenda for the day –
- Stay ahead of the game: hear how SDL solutions support the business challenges of teams working in the localization industry
- Explore the practical elements of how teams use Machine Translation (MT) in their translation environments
- Challenge the concept of user experience in CAT tools and what it means in terms of your interaction with SDL Trados Studio
- Ensure that quality remains the prime objective of successful workflows – see how SDL Trados Studio, SDL Trados GroupShare and SDL Apps including SmartQuery work in collaboration to support the delivery of excellence
- Enjoy an afternoon of in depth training demonstrations and practical hints and tips on a selection of your favourite features
- Share insights, discuss best practices and network with other translation professionals as well as meeting your SDL team
All attendees will receive a certificate of attendance, for collection at the event, which you may be able to use to support your Continuing Professional Development program.
The SDL Trados Roadshow series is always over-subscribed, attendance is free of charge and places get booked up quickly, so register today!
Part 1 - Optimising your quality
- Preparing source files in an optimum way to avoid errors downstream and provide context information to the translator
- Setting up and agreeing on quality criteria to enable objective assessment of target texts during review to standardize the proofreading process
- Provide feedback to the translator to make sure that the quality increases in subsequent projects
Part 2 - Making the most out of your Translation Memory
- Practical tips for working with TMs
- Making the most out of your assets with fragment recall
- How to fine-tune your project settings to get the best possible result from your TM
- How to prepare your TM for the new way of working
Part 3 - Efficient management of high volume and repetitive projects
- Assigning work to translators and reviewers directly from Studio
- Merging documents on the fly to ensure better consistency
- Saving time with quick online project creation through templates in the Web
- Tracking the project progress throughout the supply chain
Part 4 - Terminology - Creation, extraction and sharing
- Defining a solid and future-proof termbase structure for all users
- How to access terminology from anywhere
- Making sure that all interested parties have the access level they need.