Alignment Editor – create the best quality Translation Memories
Improved handling of XML files
Translating complex XML files can be tricky, especially when these files contain embedded HTML and tagging – which can make it hard to distinguish the text for translation. Studio 2014 SP1 now enables users to apply an HTML file processing filter to the XML file. All HTML tags will then be displayed as Studio tags, meaning users can clearly see the text that needs to be translated. This creates a better translation experience and also guarantees more accurate analysis for this file type.
Integration API – create your own translation platform
As part of the Studio 2014 platform the new Integration API is now available through the SDL OpenExchange Developer Program. Offering countless new possibilities for developers and organizations, the API offers the ability to:
- Customize Studio 2014 to by integrating your existing internal systems directly into the software
- Build entire applications that can be integrated in the Studio 2014 views
- Develop new features for Studio 2014 and add these directly into the user interface.
- AutoPropagate now supports Track Changes making it easier to deal with multiple review cycles
- New ‘Confirm but do not Move to Next Segment’ option available allowing users to confirm a segment, whilst keeping the cursor in the current segment
- The help resources within Studio 2014 are now available in the additional languages of German, French, Chinese and Japanese
- Improved support when using Studio 2014 on high resolution monitors with automatic adjustment to the optimal zoom level when the display size is increased.
Customer Improvement Program
We are committed to providing the best possible experience to our customers and as part of this commitment, Studio 2014 SP1 introduces the SDL Customer Experience Improvement Program. A voluntary program, which users can opt to join when they install SP1, it is designed to help SDL better understand how users interact with Studio and allow their input to help design future versions of the software.