Common practice within the software industry, Service Packs (SP) ensure that users get the best performance from their investment. SDL releases Service Packs in order to provide customers with product updates and enhanced features so they can get the best performance from their software investment.
Service Pack 2 for SDL Trados Studio 2014, SDL MultiTerm 2014 and SDL Studio GroupShare 2014 was released on the 18th November 2014. A selection of new features are outlined below. For a full list, please download the release notes.
- Add terms to a termbase faster with the new ‘Quick Add New Term’ feature. Simply highlight the term in the source and target segments, right click to 'add term' (or use the button in the ribbon) to instantly add the term to your termbase.
- Java-based technology has been replaced in the integration between SDL MultiTerm 2014 and Studio 2014. This change provides a much faster and more stable experience when working with terminology.
Source segments in SDLXLIFF files are now able to be edited in most file types supported by Studio 2014 SP2. Not only is it useful for correcting spelling mistakes and typos, it also helps when working with documents that have been scanned, as incorrect characters can now be easily changed. This functionality can be disabled - giving the content owner full control over what can be changed.
Studio 2014 SP2 now recognizes alphanumeric strings made up of combinations of uppercase letters, numbers, underscores, dashes and full stops. For example BV0.mxm.072.531 or NAME_4001C in a source segment would now be recognized as variables and would be automatically transferred from the source segment to the target segment. This is especially useful for speeding up the translation of certain documents types such as product catalogs which contain numerous product numbers.
When a translation job is completed, it is common practice to send SDLXLIFF files to the work provider along with the return package. Another time saving feature introduced with Studio 2014 SP2 means that there is no longer any need to go through this process as SDLXLIFF files will now automatically be included in the return package.
- The first phase of a new licensing system has been introduced, which brings with it improvements in licensing workflow and more flexible network deployment options.
- Tag verifier is now available as a global setting, so users no longer need to define tag verification settings for each file type.
- Improved word count logic for words containing apostrophes, dashes and full stops.
Available to download from our App Store, these latest applications provide great new functionality that is fully accessible within Studio 2014:
- MS Word Grammar Checker - grammar check your work as a batch task or in real time segment by segment
- AnyTM Translation Provider - use a TM of any language pair in any project
- MT AutoSuggest - use Machine Translation (MT) at sub-segment level
- Studio 2014 Bookmarks - add custom
- Single sign-on for custom authentication - if you are using the custom authentication functionality, GroupShare 2014 SP2 offers single sign-on to the GroupShare website.
- More language support for Windows 2008 servers - GroupShare 2014 SP2 now features the same language support for Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
Released in April 2014, SP1 brought enhancements to SDL Trados Studio 2014, SDL MultiTerm 2014 and SDL GroupShare 2014. For a complete list of what was included in SP1, please download the Release notes.
Are you looking to purchase this product, but still have some questions to ask? Speak to one of our friendly sales representatives on live chat.