XTRF – SDL integration platform launched
By David Morgan, Marketing Manager, SDL Language Technologies
Users of SDL Trados Studio, who also employ XTRF Management Systems to manage the business aspects of their projects, are now able to take advantage of the new XTRF-SDL platform integration, in order to accelerate the project creation process.
Suitable for XTRF™ 2.6 upwards, the integration works with both SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP3 and 2011, and is specifically designed to further automate the most repetitive activities involved in the project creation process - at the click of a button.
It does this by carrying out the following tasks:
- A predefined Studio-Integrated workflow creates a project in Studio,
- XTRF™ asks Studio to do the analysis,
- XTRF™ retrieves the results of the analysis and performs a financial calculation
- XTRF™ sends the created SDL XLIFF file together with all resources to the specified translator
- Once the translation workflow is completed the original format of file is created and sent to customer.